How to share printers in Windows 7, 8, and 10, are often used to save money and places because there is no need to set up a printer for each computer.
Printer Sharing is a way to connect a single printer with several other computers in a network.
But, most people still do not understand how to do printer sharing. Therefore, this time Cianjur Today has summarized the way the printer is sharing in Windows 7, 8, and 10. Check out the summaries!
How to Share a Printer in Windows 7, 8, and 10
- First, Open the Control Panel menu by pressing the Windows key + R.
- Then type Control Panel in the search, then press Enter or click OK.
- After that, the Control Panel window will appear, then activate File and Printer Sharing by going to the Network and Internet menu in the Control Panel menu.
- If you are already in the Network and Internet menu, click Network and Sharing Center.
- After that, click on Change Advanced Sharing Settings.
- Next, to share a printer or file, you do not activate the option with select Turn On Network Discovery and Turn On File and Printer Sharing.
- Done now, other users can access files or printers that have been shared.
How to share printers to make other computers can directly access files
- So that other computers can directly access the Dishare files and printers, just disable the password by going to the All Networks menu.
- Then select Turn Off Password Protected Sharing. Click Save Changes to save the settings. However, you can still add a password if you want.
- Next, Open the Control Panel main menu, then select View Devices and Printers with the category Hardware and Sound. Right-click on one of the printers you want to share and select Printer Properties. For example, the Epson L360 Series.
- Click the Sharing tab and tick Share This Printer to share the printer’s access, then name it.
- After that, click OK to save.
- You have successfully connected the computer, in one same network.
How to access an already Dishare Printer
- First, enable Turn on network discovery and Turn on file and printer sharing.
- Next, click on Save changes.
- To access a printer that has been shared, you can do so via File Explorer.
- Press Windows + E to open it and then click Network.
- After that, there will be a computer name that has been successfully connected to the printer.
- Next, open the computer name. It will be visible files shared by other computers.
- Right-click on the printer and then click Connect and wait for the process to finish.
- Done you can already access and use the printer that has been share.
Well, that’s how to share a printer in Windows 7, 8, and 10. Bagamaina Easy, right? Hopefully useful!